Influenza A (H1N1) is a new virus causing illness in people. This new virus was first detected in people in April 2009 in the United States. This virus is spreading from person-to –person, probably in much the same way that the regular seasonal influenza viruses spread.
Signs and Symptoms in Humans
- Similar to the symptoms of regular flu such as fever, headache, fatigue, lack of appetite, runny nose, sore throat, and cough
- Vomitting or nausea
Mode of Transmission
Exposure to droplets from the cough and sneeze of the infected person. Influenza A (H1N1) is not transmitted by eating thoroughly cooked pork.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Always wash hands with soap and water
- Use alcohol- based hand sanitizers
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Increase your body's resistance
- Have at least 8 hours of sleep
- Be physically active
- Manage your stress
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Eat nutritious food
***** it was all over the news: philippines has the asia's first death related to H1N1.
***** there should be no room for panic or over-reaction to this issue. let's be educated!
***** i've read this post @ rico's blog "what is influenza A(H1N1) virus?" and opted to repost it here. thank you rics!